Pages

Monday, May 5, 2008

Graphics Question

This would be easy in Delphi, but I can't seem to get the objects I want to do what I need.

Ok, I have a function that creates and draws a maze on a Panel in a Winforms App. Then I sniped some code that manages to save the image of the panel to a bmp file.

WHY it's any harder than panel.canvas.savetofile is just stupid.

BUT!

If the panel is off the screen edge, or if it's obscured in any way, I get blank rectangle on the image (again stupid).

What I really want is what I've had for 10 years in Delphi.

I want to make my routine create the image in memory (even if the image is bigger than the screen). I want to be able to...

1. copy that image to the panel during a paint event

2. save the entire image to a file.

What I have run into so far is typical Microsoft.

First there are too may objects and no cohesive tutorial. I have tried the following objects.

  • Graphics. I can't create one linked to a memory bitmap.
  • Image. Nope you can't create one of these either.
  • PaintEventArgs you can create one but you can't use it.
  • Bitmap Nope I cnt get it to work.
What I want is this...
something MyPaintObject=new something(width, height, pixelformat);
MyPaintObject.clear(color);
MyPaintObject.fillrect(); 

...etc. Just regular paint commands

Then I want to be able to do this:

During a panel paint event: panel1.copyfrom(MyPaintObject);

...and when I want to save it, MyPaintObject.SaveToFile(filename, Bmp);

---

Ok, I got the answer: Here it is: thanks to a kind poster on the Microsoft forums.

Here's the Post: Graphics Question

Here's the answer.

Bitmap myBitmap = new Bitmap(200, 200, PixelFormat.Format24bppRgb);

public void DrawBitmap()

{

using (Graphics myGraphics = Graphics.FromImage(myBitmap))

{

myGraphics.Clear(Color.AliceBlue);

Pen Bic = new Pen(Color.Blue);

myGraphics.DrawEllipse(Bic, new Rectangle(0, 0, 199, 199));

}

}

private void panel2_Paint(object sender, PaintEventArgs e)

{

DrawBitmap();

e.Graphics.DrawImage(myBitmap, 0, 0);

}

No comments:

Share This!

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *