Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Online Backup Solutions

product cost review
Carbonite free for 15 days, $49.95 a year (per PC), unlimited storage Installs in a flash and works in the background. The install is very easy and the popups afterward tell you exactly what to expect.
iBackup free trial (how long?)$99.50 a year 5GB
intronis 30 day trial, $9.95 a month ($119.40 a year) for 1GB
xdrive 5GB Free, 50GB for $9.95 a month ($119.40 a year) I had a lot of hope for this one, but bottom line: they required my phone number and zip code, and then presented me with a completely illegible verification image, the registration pages took 3-5 minutes to load, and they would not allow me to use my preferred screen name (some_yahoo).

I hate not being able to use my regular screen name, I sign up for dozens of services online. My attitude is that if I have to make a unique screen name for it, it's not worth it.

Then there is the notion that if the "pick a screen name" screen takes 5 minutes to come up, I can't imagine trying to backup my webserver on this service. Oh well - I'll never know now.

No comments:

Share This!

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *