Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Oracle Options Missing from Visual Studio 2008 Express

Can someone please explain to me why the Oracle database connections are missing from the Visual Studio 2008 Express editions? Is this another iteration of "DOS ain't done till Lotus won't run?"

Or do I need to cough up blood to get Oracle fully supported in my development environment?


The rumor mill has it that the Oracle options are not included in the Express edition. I found this on several user forums, but I can't find any reference to it on the Microsoft site.

Hey Microsoft, what other options are missing from the express editions? Can I get a list?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Put simply Microsoft would like you to use their application stack. They don't want you to use an Oracle DB. Hence why its missing. The Oracle add on can only be used with the professional edition

Share This!

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *