Pages

Monday, September 17, 2007

Microsoft, your Help is Crap!

Ok, I want to use asp.net to build a simple email form that send me an email whenever someone wants to contact me from my website. I figured that after all the easy-login stuff on the toolbar, there would be some kind of ready-made gizmo.

There isn't

Furthermore, when you use the trusty F1, and type asp email form tutorial or simple form tutorial, you get nothing but totally irrelevant crap from the results screen.

So I googled it and ALL the results fall into one of 2 categories.

  1. downloadable components
  2. vb.net

What the hell?

So here I am writing like 300 lines of code, and I know it HAS TO BE easier than this... why is it any harder than this?

smtp.send(
 mailmessage(
  request.querystrings("to").tostring(),
  request.querystrings("from").tostring(),
  request.querystrings("subject").tostring(),
  request.querystrings("body").tostring()
 )
)

Why, indeed?

No comments:

Share This!

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *